By Kerem Hasan
The fire broke out on the third floor at about 9.10am on Tuesday, possibly as a result of an electrical short-circuit, and sparked the mass evacuation of schoolchildren, students and staff.
The sole reported casualty was a waiter who was treated for the effects of smoke inhalation after being spotted on a terrace and guided to safety.
The incident highlighted concerns previously reported by Cyprus Today that Girne’s firemen are ill-equipped to tackle blazes in the town’s mushrooming high-rise buildings.
For more see Cyprus Today... In shops or on PressReader.
Attention! Any person who sends any financial, legal, criminal, administrative liability content resulting from criminal, illegal, threatening, offensive, insulting, profane, humiliating, degrading, vulgar, pornographic, anti-moral, Member / Member's.