05-12-2018 21:17 | Read 4515 times
Public warning from Disaster and Emergency Committee
The TRNC Disaster and Emergency Management Committee held a meeting at 6pm and warned the public to take precaution against the heavy rain – expected to continue until noon on Friday – by taking the following actions:
- Park in safer parking areas.
- Take the necessary precautions for the protection of valuable items and documents from damage by possible floods.
- Take measures to prevent the entrance of water into the home and garden.
- Carry items that could be carried by floods, such as water depots and gas tubes, from the garden into a safer location, or secure them. Carry animals into a safe location.
- In the event of floodwater inside the home, do not use any electrical appliances and immediately shut down the power from the mains.
- Do not leave home or enter roads unless absolutely necessary. If you have entered traffic, stay away from mud puddles or large puddles that may put you at risk.
- If you see downed power lines, always treat them as if they are energized and dangerous.
- For emergency help, call 155 for the Fire Service, 101 for Civil Defence, or 112 for emergency health services.
- Follow the warnings, guidance and orders of emergency teams in the event of a flood and collaborate accordingly.
Attention! Any person who sends any financial, legal, criminal, administrative liability content resulting from criminal, illegal, threatening, offensive, insulting, profane, humiliating, degrading, vulgar, pornographic, anti-moral, Member / Member's.